Peru is definitely an underrated shopping destination. It’s a country full of things that are probably not available in your own country. Most items are of good quality, and most importantly, cheap. You can purchase them in markets in Cusco, Ollantaytambo, Chinchero as well as in plenty of other locations. Of course, the main question is, where are you going to keep all these things? Well, if you end up with more than you can pack, you can use SERPOST to mail your goods home.
It’s often cheaper to send things by post than paying for additional airport fees, especially if the goods are heavy or if you will be travelling elsewhere after Peru and do not want to carry your purchases around with you. If this is the case, your best option is just to mail them home.
How much does it cost to send goods from Peru to other countries?
Using SERPOST is your cheapest option. It’s a public Peruvian service. SERPOST has, among other things, a service aimed at people who want to post gifts internationally. There are a few rules to know, however:
- The weight of each package may not be less than 2 kilos or more than 31 kilos
- The maximum length dimension of either side of the package must not exceed 1.50 meters
- Estimated delivery time is up to 30 days
Packages can be sent to 190 countries. The price of each package depends on the weight and distance between the sender and the recipient. For details check SERPOST’s website. They have a useful calculator which will show you all the costs. When you open the calculator, you need to select the receiving country, the service you would like to use and the weight. After that, you will get all the information about delivery prices.
Here are some examples of the costs involved:
- Peru > Germany: 239.50 soles – 5 kilos and 392.50 soles – 10 kilos
- Peru > France: 239.50 soles – 5 kilos and 392.50 soles – 10 kilos
- Peru > USA: 193.50 soles – 5 kilos and 330.00 soles – 10 kilos
- Peru > Poland: 239.50 soles- 5 kilos and 392.50 soles – 10 kilos
- Peru > Australia: 264.00 soles – 5 kilos and 476.00 soles -10 kilos
SERPOST’s Cusco office is located on Avenida del Sol.